Tuesday 23 September 2014

Shield High 0.627 releases

I'm way too excited by this release. What's it do? It adds pathing. How does that work? Simple, as you walk around the school, so does everyone else. They will wander out of class while you have time to do things, and then onto the next class when it's supposed to start. Every two rooms you move the NPCs move one. This is basically to stop them being too fast for you to catch up to them and intercept. The reason I'm excited by it is it suddenly has given the game that first real spark of life it needs to be the game I want it to be.

As for why I'm doing this...random events during enslavement. I will spend this week pondering how to do them while I design pretty pictures of new characters to populate the school and wander around it all. This will provide you with a lot of NPCs to run into, thus prompting lots of options for random events, and getting caught disobeying your Mistress, which is basically the point of all of this.

Given how lovely pathing looks now I may look into doing some more elaborate pathing in the future, but I don't know, probably not honestly. Anyway, download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l8l1a0bbetl52hm/Shield_High_0.627.zip.

Not bothering to put it on the sidebar this time because I wanna get it to the place I feel it should be for this promised slave content before I put up new updates. Also lazy.

Hope you enjoy and that it's not too buggy. If it is please tell me since I just ran around for like, a minute.

Pudding Earl

2 comments:

  1. Works just fine for me. Can`t wait for the events, with the added pathing plus events exploring will get exciting from a playable view. Speaking of events, do you plan on adding the possibillity of your slaves disobeying your orders?
    Catching them redhanded would be kind of fun, ok it WOULD be fun.
    (is it just me or does that come of as a bit soft sadistic?)
    Also will there be random events regarding seduction like the one you could trigger in the old rags version? (i completely forgot the npcs name...)
    That could add a few other variables to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slaves disobeying you is actually a really, really good idea. I will attempt to include it, however, having the ability to give orders to slaves is basically "luxury" content in my opinion. It'd be fun, but given that it's not a highly interactive part of the game, I won't be focusing on it for quite a while.

      As for the random seduction and stuff ala Tamara, yes, that will be going back in, eventually. I plan to write in more characters who are just into casual sex, add more flings etc.

      That is, however, just a plan, as there's lots to do and I don't know if I can manage it all before I burn out on coding around my own terrible methodology.

      Delete