Sunday 21 May 2017

Patreon release and also a little news on that front.

Okay so, as always, Patreon release was on time. I'm a little astounded I haven't made excuses and missed a release yet. That having been said, this one is gonna need a b update in a few days. The AI coding really hurt the quality and I don't feel good about it. Not that it matters for public release, but I like to own up to shit like this. So there's that.

And now, in the news, I'm changing my Patreon reward tiers next month. I'll throw all of it up on the 1st of the month, just so no one decides to start giving this month expecting the rewards and being disappointed, but under the new system, instead of $5 per month for early access it'll just be $1. When I started, I was thinking about how I use Patreon, which is to say, I give $5 to everyone I like. Being a self-centered narcissist, I completely neglected to think about how other people do things. Until I ended up only pledging $1 to someone, and realized I'm an idiot. So, $1 gets you content now, sorry to everyone who was giving $5 and then stopped, I feel like I cheated you a bit. Hit me up if you want a say in the new $5 tier, and I'll factor you in for a few months.

The new $5 tier is voting rights for the next update. I started that this month, which means in 0.688 you can expect to see more slave content because that's what the people asked for. The $10 tier will be just disappearing, and I'll tweak the $20 tier to be something much more rewarding. Finally, I'll add a $100 tier that absolutely no one will take (well, maybe someone will for like, a month) which is basically "Pay for a commission for the game. Basically whoever you ask for will get their art done." Otherwise, commissioning further art will start when I've started earning a bit more money off the game.

So yeah, that's the situation. Just thought you'd all like to know, in case you always considered giving but haven't because it was too much to get access. I'm making things cheaper and overall better value I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment