Thursday 6 April 2017

Shield High 0.685b releases!

Okay, it's finally here. 0.685b. Why b? Because when I made release I'd fucked up a few things, and so it wasn't fully functional. I spent two days fixing them and put out a second release, which was this one. This one *should* be working. I've played through the whole game with it just fine, however I've also gotten reports it's broken. I don't know what's going on there but if you find errors, let me know and I might do another bug fix, who knows.

So, what's changed? Mostly back end stuff. The biggest change is that events on rooms can now be stacked. This enables me to let you run through multiple plots at once in the future, without running the risk of one overwriting the other. Otherwise, there's now pathing. It works! You can use it to be guided to the next class, or to the next event in the FIRST PLOT. It does not guide you on any other plots because I am lazy and I hate myself. Also I just didn't have time to really code it all in, it's a lot of finnicky work. I'll be fixing up future events to all have pathing, and slowly give pathing to the other plots as we go.

Other fixes include making romances actually work. Yeah, I really fucked up there last month, my bad guys. So now all romances should be accessible on the weekend. I set romances active in the wrong spot. Jillian now has dialogue options to allow you to romance her, if you so wish. And...Samantha got the ability to be your Mistress. It's not great, but it's there. And I do think that's everything.

Update can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n5n712q8ku6chvn/Shield_High_JS_0.685b.7z

I hope you all enjoy. Next month is Stacy content, and another plot that I'm still formulating in my head. Stacy is almost completely written right this moment, I'm about to do her final 2.2 text entires, and then tonight starting the new plot, once I've worked it out for sure.

Pudding Earl

13 comments:

  1. Hi pudding. I couldn't find the samantha mistress, the game just crashes after going to school as Samantha's slave. Also, there's a problem from the last shield high update in which the mission of whoring for Karen keeps repeating itself forever. Also, in this mission, it is said that we are supposed to fuck three girls and get a reward, though we do not get it.
    But still shield high is one of the most interesting games I played and the Ruby subplot is pretty intense. Hope you'll fix the samantha issue and post a 0.685c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give both of these a look, and get them fixed tonight, hopefully. With the whoring mission for Karen, how many times did it repeat for you? Did you see anything else? Just checking to see if it was very unlikely luck, or if my code there is actually broken. I might've made a testing change I forgot to undo. That sounds like something I'd do.
      And yeah, Ruby subplot is something I'm playing around with, I don't know if it'll stay or not, I just want to explore some other ideas from the norm and see how they fix. Probably no c update, but I'll see. If I can fix everything tonight, it might happen. If not, probably not.

      Delete
  2. Repeating text is still around in case you've been tweaking that issue (prior text not being cleared out). Makes things like the Karen quest mentioned kinda hard to say if it's working or not heh. But no gamebreaking there.

    For me I couldn't get past Samantha's fight. (say NO to the submit, challenged her, fought and lost). At the end of the fight description, I had no buttons at all (blank, not just unhighlighted) to continue on with.

    Save/Load also seems to cause a game crash.
    But that and Samantha were the only game over bugs I hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, probably fucked up making the exit button active again. I have to do that manually after each text event where it's turned off, so it stands to reason I'd forget it here and there.

      As for saving, man, fuck it. I'm gonna leave it broken until 0.69. I'm adding new mechanics that break saves all the time, if I fix it this week I'll just break it next. So I'm leaving it broken until I have all my mechanics in order, then I'll do a proper fix for it and make it overall cleaner.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, probably a good call on the saves if you're working on the back end that breaks it.

      For the Karen thing (mentioned in another post). Is it meant to have a finish? As in going back to her and getting a reward? Because if so, it doesn't... and you're allowed to go back home. So next day it continues (you can also do more than the 3 required). So a difference between repeating... or never finishing.

      btw, never found the Ruby subplot, where that come in?

      also, on your prior question on F/F and M/F. Yeah I'd stick with F/F. Adding in a few M/F probably wouldn't mean that much who are wanting it, and removes the uniqueness in the F/F school culture you have going on.

      Delete
    3. Ruby subplot is found by talking to Jillian and saying you want to claim a slave. Ruby is available to be claimed at any time. If you have an on-going plot it'll ask you to come back when you don't, but otherwise it schedules a fight for you in the carpark, which is out past Library-A Block. There's no actual fight, just a scene that plays out, and it doesn't yet have any further content because I added it on a whim, and I'll expand it on a later whim.

      As for Karen, that is indeed a problem. I'll do some poking and see if I can figure out what's going on. I vaguely recall not writing out a proper reward, but I don't remember. I do know that it should stop at 3 however, so I probably fucked up a line or two of code somewhere.

      Delete
  3. I'm getting the same issues as Tonto. Text keeps repeating and saving/loading causes the game to crash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pudding, would you please publish recommended setting to run the game? Recommended OS, any add-ons, run-times, etc.? I tried it on a clean windows 10 system and it wouldn't even start. I had to install Windows XNA before I could play the game. And that stuff is oooold. Hasn't been modified since 2010. So I suspect there are some issues with it and Windows 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why I'd just love to, but I have no idea what exactly they are. All I can say is that it uses XNA because that's what I learned on and know how to use easily enough. That having been said, I haven't encountered any issues with it in Windows 10.

      I'll ask a more properly educated friend on the matter, and if that goes anywhere I might put up a proper tab for getting it running.

      Delete
  5. Does the game end on friday 21. april? When i go home on that day i cant do anything else.
    You did a list for the rags version of the game with everything you can do on it. Since the game always crashs when i try to save it would be nice to know what is possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did not know that the game stalled out there. I'll have a look at why that happens and fix it either this month or next. I will also go ahead and add a list of things that are in and publicly being shared. I like to put in some secret content sometimes for those who explore/for the future when the game is stable enough to justify exploration.

      I'll put out the proper list with the next update, since I always forget what was and wasn't added each month, and so just using the current version won't work.

      Delete
    2. You can ignore the problem on friday... just didnt notice that you can go to sleep.

      Delete