Wednesday 19 April 2017

Earl's Musings: Dicks vs Strap-Ons

As is well established, dicks are a thing I'm not using in Shield High. This raises a few tiny problems for me, but none I can't handle. And honestly, it just makes me better at what I do, since I can't use a dick as a crutch, which in smut, it kind of is. However, I do sometimes use strap-ons and having just described one as a "fake cock" it got me wondering, is there really such a huge difference between the two? I mean, the difference is really one is real and one isn't. But from the perspective of what the dick *does* it's almost identical.

You shove it into a hole, and use that to pleasure or degrade the girl as relevant. I mean, in the case of a real dick, I suppose it cums too, which is an added feature that changes things. But at the core, the reason you use one is the same in each scene kind of. And so I'm just wondering if, from the perspective of your average reader who doesn't think nearly as much about the implications of things as I do, if you see the two as significantly different.

I think for me the key difference is a strap-on is distinctly feminine, and while a dick can be interpreted as a power play, it's just as likely not on. A strap-on however, is almost always a power play. There is a giver and a receiver, and on your average run of the mill strap-on, there's no real feedback for the giver. They aren't fucking you because it feels good. They're fucking you because they like the idea of it, they like the thing it does to you.

Anyway, that's just a quick thought I had in the middle of writing a scene. I will now go back to writing said scene.

Pudding Earl

2 comments:

  1. Heh, certainly a difference on what people read into it. Not in what it does, but in who wields it. If your reader is looking for F/F, makes all the difference in the world if it's a strapon vs being attached to a guy.

    You can really see the difference in something even closer together, Futa. Been big wars on Futa being fine, so long as the balls are not there. Soon as they are, it (for some) crosses the line and becomes to male and a turn off. And I guess futa itself can be for others, as opposed to fem and strapons.

    BTW, there is stimulation for the giver as (many different designs) the whole device still stimulates the sensitive out parts for the women (most of the nerves are there anyway). And there's more complicated ones that do other stuff (never underestimate the sex industry for working this stuff out heh).
    But is a classic 'dom' tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm fully aware that there are more complicated ones, I was talking about the most basic forms in that point. Was not aware that they would also provide stimulation, though now that I think about it, I can absolutely see it. Oh well, not changing my writing on it. It won't be the first unrealistic thing to happen in Shield High. Beyond the premise, I mean.

      Delete