Wednesday 5 April 2017

A question about the "rules" of Shield High

This is a pretty quick post, and I doubt anything will come of the outcome for several months, but it's been on my mind, and I figured I should check with people sooner than later regarding it. So, when I made Shield High originally I had three rules of development.

1. No dicks.
2. Relative Realism, so no fantasy or sci-fi elements.
3. I have forgotten what this rule was but I'm pretty sure it wasn't important.

Now, these rules were written when I was an 18 year old with no real perspective on sex, and as such, I'm starting to question the wisdom of rule 1. Rule 1 was made in response to CoC, and other games I played at the time, which seemed to have an obsession with dicks. This obsession with dicks still seems present in some places, and by no means do I ever want to try and rival that. However, the no dicks rule does kind of place some limits on me, and so I'm going to put this to the fans. What do you all think? Should I keep to my no dicks policy? Or should I bend on that front and allow some?

For anyone wondering how I'd use dicks, worry not. No major male characters will be added. Shield High will not suddenly become a mixed school or anything like that. Neither will dicks be used where Jessica is in control. Rather, I'd include male characters as tools for your Mistress to torment you with. For instance, one thing I'm thinking of is having a character have a brother, and if you're her slave, he gives you to him sometimes to have some fun with. Boyfriends would also work in this role. That's all I've got planned for now, but other ideas might come to mind.

Also, if any of my ancient fans remember me ever saying the rules, and remember what rule 3 was, would you be so kind as to remind me? I'm concerned I have already broken it somehow.

Pudding Earl

P.S. Release in a day or two, worry not, I have not forgotten.

5 comments:

  1. Meh, imo your number 1 rule was a spot-on. On the one hand I wouldn't mind them, but look at all these games nowadays - they indeed have an obsession with dicks. If they can't add some males - you can be sure that there will be A LOT of futanaris. For me the lack of them is a distinctive feature of Shield High, but you're the author so in the end the choice is yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, in that case I shall hold to it. Unless a sudden bunch of people all say I should go for it, in which case, I suppose I'll listen to the majority?

      Like, this is a point I'm genuinely unsure about, so I'm decidedly not going to just do what I want, but rather listen to the audience. What an unusual response from me.

      Delete
  2. I'd recommend being careful about reversing your policy on dicks. I don't personally find them distasteful - I am in fact a fan of CoC as well - but it's a matter of your game's identity. The fans you have today were attracted by the game's premise, and yuri/lesbian content is just as much a part of that as the sexy fights, the BDSM and the school setting.

    If you start including dicks you have to be conscious of the fact that you will be shifting your target demographic, and that some might perceive it disproportionally - that including one dick is a slippery slope until everything is dicks :P

    I'm not gonna say don't do it, but be cognisant of exactly what you're doing, and make sure you're willing to /commit/ to a new vision of Shield High.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fantasy? You mean no late night D&D games with friends and spankings for those that die :P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Excuse me while I quickly make a completely unrelated addition to my list of scenes to include one day.

      Delete