Wednesday 11 April 2012

Glitches and Bores. And a few apologetic words.

I'd like to first take the time to say sorry to EVERYONE who has played my game up until now. I've been hunting through the code for bugs tonight, in preparation for releasing 0.2, making sure all the features work as intended. I was mainly testing the features I'm planning to include in 0.2, making sure the night's work was fine, when I stumbled upon more problems. Then even MORE problems. Then a couple MORE problems. So I'm making this post to say that I'm sorry. I've made a ton of mistakes so far. However I promise you, 0.2 will come to you free of these glitches. In the code reviews I learnt a lot about how Rags works, and I now know how to make everything inside it tick properly. So, in the future, I will be programming the game correctly, without these issues, and that means more content per week. Well, a little less content per week, but content that you can actually SEE. As it currently stands there are two major bugs, and only one that effects the current versions. Unfortunately said bug does deny a large portion of the content. So yeah, once again, I apologize.

While I'm posting, quick update on 0.2:

Content Additions Progress: Around 30%. Lot's of non-Ero writing to go, but that's easy stuff, a bit of tinkering to do in the mechanics to make sure it all works.

Stability: A LOT of issues currently present, but a few re-designs are planned to address these problems, and pretty much every glitch is solved, the solution just hasn't been put into effect yet. Couple that with the content situation, and the game isn't very stable yet. Definitely be finished by next week though.

Possibility of Delays: Medium. Internet's capped right now, so I might just say fuck it and wait until Friday to update, when the cap resets. Maybe. We'll see.

And finally, a bit of news on the intent of the content. I guarantee a complete plot-centred game up until Week 4 Day 5. Future updates to 0.2 will be based around adding further features to the first week and a half, such that no days have nothing to do. This will mostly be in the form of background NPCs, or just short and random encounters to bring Shield High to life.

Pudding Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment