Saturday 7 April 2012

The Earl's Musings: Introduction and a little news.

Alright, so this little thing here, the section labelled "The Earl's Musings." That's stuff that I'm thinking about, that I feel like sharing. Not wanting to be all like "SURPRISE GUIZ! HERE'S MAH RANDOM THOUGHTS ON A TOPIC." I figured I should give everyone who reads this blog a fair warning about the imminent danger of random gaming-related ideas. That's my promise though, this isn't going to be something like "So I was on the train today and this guy decided to do this REALLY annoying thing so I'll make a blog post about it." No, nothing like that, it'll all be thoughts on games, stories in games, game mechanics, games I like and think I should give some love in case someone else likes them and I find a kindred spirit. Just so we're all clear, Pudding Games, not just a development blog for a single ero game. Also about other games.

Like this one that I'm going to spring on you RIGHT NOW! So, today began the official play-testing of a card game I'm making. I have no delusions about it taking off any time soon, but I'm working on it all the same, and today we got to play a few games of it. It was surprisingly balanced, with only a few things proving to be truly stupid. Most of them got hot-fixed and tested further. Conclusion: It's good stuff. A lot of the mechanics do need to be fixed up though, since every game ended the exact same way, normally with my defeat. But that's okay because we accomplished SCIENCE! I'd like to note that I have one more game on top of that one, a roleplaying game, but I'm being even more tight-lipped about that. And I've been pretty tight-lipped about the card game so far.

Anyway, just my little piece of personal-ish news I felt like sharing, partly because it's exciting, partly to prove I'm not a totally depraved pervert, and that's only a part of my personality. A rather large part, but a part none-the-less.

Pudding Earl.

No comments:

Post a Comment