Tuesday 19 August 2014

Shield High JS 0.626 released like I have a schedule. Critics shocked.

Ha! That's a joke. I have no critics. Only praisers. That is also a joke.

Anyway yes, I've added a LITTLE BIT of content to this update. Pretty much, the three features that I promised. I haven't yet been bitten by the writing bug, so I haven't got any new content yet. I actually need to change how events are selected, so that I can make them all general but also specific in a way. Sadists are sadistic, girls with other slaves involve them, all that stuff. It's an easy thing to set up, it'll just take a bit of time, and once it's done I should be more inspired to write.

Anyway, download just finished uploading so here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pbpfvvdq4bb8d4g/Shield_High_JS_0.626.zip

Looking at the post from last week I'm not sure about all those features I promised. Not to say I don't intend to do them just that I don't want to dwell on this content for too long and lose sight of everything else that I need to do. So, I'm going to spend the next week or two, maybe three, adding a bunch of content, and then declaring 0.63 and starting on a different part of the update. Likely going to do a menu, level ups, all that pretty stuff soon. Then while I make the Stacy fight I'll re-balance fighting to be more...detailed and less spam-y. I'd aimed to do that originally but it just didn't work out, and now you basically win by AI being too dumb to capitalize on being ahead. Or ever get ahead.

Anyway, stuff that WILL be added:
-Detailed event selection based on how good you've been and other factors.
-Random events in some capacity. There may only be one or two of those.
-Enough events to make playing as a slave for a week or two worthwhile.
-Status tracking to try and escape. A lot of this will be "under the hood" to start with, until I get around to menu screens where I can put all this good stuff.

Stuff that's a maybe:
-Forbidden rooms. I want to get this done but it might not happen at this stage.
-Pretty much any form of detailed interaction, jobs to do, rules to follow, etc.

In fact, speaking of that jobs point, I might simply make jobs in general a thing and tack it onto the menu that I want to make. Give you a way to keep track of suggestions made by friends, fights you've picked, etc. We'll have to see about that one.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy what little changes I've made.

Pudding Earl

5 comments:

  1. First of all nice Update.
    No problems with the new pictures and current state so far.
    However there is still the bug that freezes the game when you try to fight Andriana.
    (Only happens when you demand Melanie to submit)
    Also after wining the fight a scene with Angel unfolds telling you the whole fight just now was only a feverish dream of you.
    Basically all of the fights still seem to lack their intro.
    At least in the sense of an intro becaus you CAN trigger it, but only if the fight is allready over.
    An exception to that is the named Andriana fight when you don`t claim Melanie.
    It also seems you can trigger the same fight the day after, which breaks the game because you can`t return home anymore.
    Regarding the next Update: Will the game recognize it if you are enslaved by Karen when it comes to the "Melanie/Andriana Arc"? Right now it doesn`t and proceeds as if you are Karens Mistress. Not too much of a deal since it`s still relatively early in the redevelopment but it kinda kills the mood.
    Just wanted to point that out.
    All in all i have to say that i am more than looking forward to the next update.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote a really long reply that got eaten and I'm too lazy to re-do it so here's a tl;dr

      Angel problem probably mis-labelled events. Will fix.

      Andriana bug is freeze or flicker? Will be fixed anyway. Unless freeze. Then maybe not.

      Intros will be fixed up to work proper like. Wasn't priority before because sexy content comes first half the time. Is poor design principle. Don't care.

      Repeat fight also be fixed this week.

      Enslavement will acknowledge for event and cancel arc. Was oversight that I ignored because I forget not everyone knows it's working beyond that point and forget some people actually use this game for sexiness already.

      Okay I think that was everything. Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete
    2. I can't find the freeze. Can you narrow it down any for me?

      Delete
    3. I can certainly try, it always happens (for me at least) when entering the schoolyard centre on ingame thursday 27. (of course only if she did not put herself up to be claimed) This triggers the intro where you would decide if you bet yourself etc. The "freeze" happens directly after triggering it, though i guess it`s more accurate to say that the continue button just doesnt work.

      Delete
  2. One thing I have to say is good job but the game is really really unstable for me and randomly crashes all the time. Also increasing resolution puts the buttons out of whack and save and load don't do anything for me I dont know if anyone else are getting these problems. The new content is nice and I think I like where this game is going.

    ReplyDelete