Saturday 5 October 2013

0.602 arrives. Not a lot added.

Okay so, I've finished up 0.602. Had some issues with getting all the fiddly bits to work. Next days and stuff were iffy. Also the whole, re-working all of the interface to be adjustable in size. That was a pain too. It'll probably be changed again too at some point to allow you to set your own screen size. But luckily the way I've got everything sorted out now that should be a fair bit easier and less time consuming. Other than that I added the first Karen fight. That was what kept me from hitting my goal. Combat dialogue is a lot more time consuming than it used to be, seeing as I've gone from writing 20-ish entries for a combat, half of which were just other entries cut off early, to writing 62-66 entries per combat, with half being variants that need significant changes. It's tricky to keep motivated through all of that.

Anyway, here's the download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o7kb6ca9qu1qhjy/Shield_High_JS_0.602.zip

Be aware that it'll open in a little window. Hit space bar to make it full screen. I'll probably set that to happen automatically next update. Also, the character art hasn't yet been updated. That'll also be happening next update, where I'm aiming to have Karen fight two, Courtney and Olivia added, and hopefully some keyboard controls added as well.

Enjoy, sorry for delays, I'll try and rush out the next update before I go on my holiday in two weeks.

Pudding Earl.

17 comments:

  1. Hey dont say that it is hard to keep motivation, just think about us the gamers you are making happy with it ;) and also think about it if you get this game working you can maybe do more projects after :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After? Sir, sir, please. I'm already working on more projects. I have a day time project and a night time project.

      Delete
    2. sry to bother you but ... if i start the game without fullscreen my (windowmode) i can only see the upper left side of the game and if I go in fullscreen mode the text is too big (it goes over the buttons, it isnt in the right order in the map (n, w, s, e, u, p) and the text goes over the text field so I cant read it in battles because it goes under the character screen :/)

      Delete
    3. BAH! Can you get me a screenshot of it in fullscreen mode? I'll see if I can find out where the issues are.

      Delete
  2. So here are the screens (after some problems I finally made them (fraps ftw :D)):

    http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3401/4ly3c66m_jpg.htm
    http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3401/39459nvp_jpg.htm
    http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3401/a7jjk6zf_jpg.htm
    http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3401/f6cox8k7_jpg.htm
    http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3401/rvrg8ztp_jpg.htm

    P.S.: My Resolution: 1920 x 1080

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird, I was testing it on 1920 x 1080 and I haven't had any issues. I'll play around a bit with preset resolutions, see if I can fix the problem.

      Delete
  3. I'm also having the resolution problem, in addition to the flickering screen after I finish the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1600 x 1024 here, And i've got some resolution problems too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to check in a while and I come back to this... Happiness achieved

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a difference between an installed version and not? I get the same res issues, but I also run direct from the EXE, not installing (you get the prompt if you click the app icon in the first dir of the package).

    ReplyDelete
  7. General comment for everyone having resolution issues. I have a pretty good idea of how to go about fixing and I'll be starting on that tonight. I won't add any content for the next version, just fix up this issue so you can actually play sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When Can I try out the new Combat System? :( Dam Resolution :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok played around with my Resolution settings and I think its not a resolution problem but an Problem with the size / order of the buttons / fields ... I even tried 800x600 and It ever looked the same way in Fullscreen :/

      Delete
    2. I've got a functional 800 x 600 version right now. I want to play with it a bit before release and try to implement a proper menu to change the resolution. Should be simple, I just got distracted by Unity today. And then the GSTL All-Stars was on.

      Delete
  9. First of all thanks a lot for all the hard work on this, I've really enjoyed it thus far.

    However I'm having an issue playing this version. After I download it, and either try to run it with the .exe or through the OneClick installation, I just get a message saying the program has stopped working and needs to close.
    I don't know what's going on, and I thought maybe I need an additional piece of software like .net framework or something to run it, but I'm not sure.

    What do you think might be the issue?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nevermind. I'm such an idiot :P

    It's right there in the .dll file names: "XNA Framework". I downloaded that and the game works fine. Starting it up now. :)

    ReplyDelete