Friday 2 August 2013

Update on the remake!

Spent the past couple of days putting in some work on the re-make of Shield High, thought I'd let everyone know where it stands. I've got room navigation pretty much worked out, you can run around the whole school without any trouble. Spent a bit of time making the compass all pretty-like when I wasn't meant to be making characters function because making characters function is haaaaard.

Now I'm making characters function. I've got them listed and arguably clickable, but as of yet nothing happens when you click on them. That's today's goal, working out dialogue and stuff. Once I've got the basics of dialogue done it'll be on to making classes work (probably going to add some options there to make it a little more interesting), and then transitioning into the combat system. I'm hoping in a week or two to release 0.6, which will basically be 0.1 again but with the new system.

Also I noticed someone posted my blog on Ryonani, and some people have been popping in from LineMarvel, so hello to the new people. Also, person who posted on Ryonani, why you do dis? Why you make me feel all pressured and stuff to work. I hope you're pleased with yourself, you've got me trying to pump out 0.6 now. Bet that was your plan all along. Stupid fans who like my work and want to share it with other people...

ANYWAY, hope you guys are enjoying what I had before I learnt C# and almost threw up trying to work with RAGS again, I'll try my damn hardest to get more content to you soon.

Pudding Earl.

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear REALLY looking forward to some new story. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't hold your breathe for new story. Actually, don't hold your breathe for anything, I highly doubt anyone could maintain that for long enough. But yeah, it'll just be a bit of a re-write of the first week with Karen. Some new content but not a lot. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

      Delete
  2. Sorry ;( didnt mean to make you feel pressured. Just wanted to get this awesome game out there :D (btw i'm Ragnow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries man, I needed it. I should be releasing a demo that'll cover like, half of the first day, on Tuesday, to see what people think of what I've got so far. I'd aim for the week but time passing and stuff is a huge undertaking that I don't want to do just yet.

      Delete