Monday 26 August 2013

0.61 Kinda delayed a bit also super serious question time.

Hey all,

Really sorry, I was putting together 0.61 tonight and I ran into a small text issue. One I knew I was gonna have but I was pretending I wasn't going to have so I could try and not do work until I had to. Yeah, responsible, I know. Anyway, put in a text entry that's too big, need to give text entries a way to follow on to the next section, like the continue button in RAGS, shouldn't be too much work but still enough to put the release off for a day or two.

Now, super serious question time, I've been working with a fan to make some fancy buttons and interface graphics which I think are coming out very nicely. Now, he suggested that I use Kisekae 2 to make Shield High characters to give you quick and easy visual references. I've played around with it and I could easily work with it since everyone wears the same thing, buuuut I'm not entirely happy with the art style and also using images made in that miiiiight have some legal issues I don't know about.

So, thoughts? Do you want me to use that and give you all some really simple visuals? Do you know of any legal issues that might exist? Any feedback on this problem would be appreciated.

Final point, I'm playing Sky Nations. You should check it out cause it's a fun game. I'm also putting together a faction to satisfy my raging ego. If you do check it out and think it's fun you should join. My in-game name is Faine for anyone who does go on and I'm on there pretty much any time my computer is on.

That's all, sorry for the delay guys!

Pudding Earl

4 comments:

  1. I think using Kisekae 2 is a great idea for simple visuals of the characters :D now i wont have to use that small part of my mind i rarely use (I think it has to do with this thing called imagination...). Also im surprised its coming out this early, for some reason ive put my mindset into if its a game you like its gonna take years to update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim for relatively small weekly updates, the hold up is I'm still adding engine frame work as I go, or re-working old features that were put in quickly, once we hit 0.7 (long ways off but still) it'll be pretty much weekly updates, with about a month to finish a plot. Longer to finish up the weeks with lots of content to be written. It takes a uh...certain mindset, to write content, and I'm not always in it.

      Delete
  2. To your legal question ... I would'nt do it because I heard about an translation project (or many translation Projects) that got shut down by the artists because of their copyright ... so if you want to use these pictures you need to be sure that they are free to use or it culd end ugly (maybe the end of the project)

    Sorry :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always email the creator of kisekae 2 and ask for his permission.

    https://twitter.com/pochikou_flash (developers twitter)

    ReplyDelete