Wednesday 22 May 2013

Karen gets her short story debut.

Yes, I've been working on Karen for a while. I'm still working on Karen. The new combat engine I'm devising is going to take time. Mostly to write all the dialogue for it. As a small sneak preview, it contains 12 actions you can take outside of grapples. That means 144 combinations need dialogue written. So yeah, it'll take time.

On to the topic at hand however, Karen is being given a personal overhaul, and a last name. She's now Karen Atkinson, and she's less bitchy and flip-floppy than before! Pretty much every single one of her scenes is being re-done, since the writing is so old I felt it didn't match the overall tone of the later versions of Shield High. That is being fixed up. And news on the programming front, should be a week or two before I can start making an engine. Hopefully I'll have the first combat written by then. I wouldn't bet on it.

Final point of news, I've migrated from the old IRC channel which I never used because it was so out of my way to a raidcall channel for Pudding Games. ID is 6068553. I'll update all the other info later.

And now for the short story I promised in the title. Here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/eaa5684e1gsieez/Karen_Short.docx

I know it's not my best work, and I apologize for that. I'll try and get things going better later.

Pudding Earl.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Does this mean she's going to have a more integral role in the overall story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly but surely. I'm trying to cut down on the re-write overhead and get the re-make out quickly, once I start on it, so she's going to have this really inconsistent period where the new writing covers the beginning and then she just stops being important. Once combat is fixed up though I'll be going through re-writing portions of the main story, which will include the importance of Karen.

      tl;dr She'll be super important, but it'll take time for me to get to that.

      Delete