Sunday 30 October 2016

An update in which I beg your forgiveness.

I have committed a terrible sin. In developing Shield High I...consulted with a friend on how to make save files worked, and referred to some guides online. What would've been a two-to-three day job has turned into an hour job. I'd say if I'd known this sooner it would've made it into the current version, but that is a lie. The current version barely got finished on time due to a day of sickness right near the end.

Otherwise development has been a tad on the slow side, which is to be expected for the first week since a release. I tend to be a bit aimless for the first few days before finding my footing on what to make. What I'm making right now is a set of storylines for if you submit to Karen. Ideally, I want to make it highly re-playable, so much like being enslaved, it will pick a random storyline from the available set, and run that, instead of being a completely set in stone set of events. The dream is to make about half of Shield High function like that. No clue if I'll reach that lofty goal, but for the moment I'm working on having four stories work. In practice, expect something more akin to two, maybe three, since writing ideas for this is rough.

Anyway, that's all for my weekly update this week, thank you for all the feedback so far, it's been helpful!

Pudding Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment