Wednesday 8 October 2014

Update! Update!

Yes, I did it! I made a randomly occuring event in Shield High! I really, really wish I hadn't thought this was a good idea. It was a dreadful idea. You have no idea the amount of overhauling that I'll have to do on account of this update. To be fair it's an overhaul I'd have to do regardless but I just became aware of it today because of this so I'll blame this feature on it. I'll be working on tweaking some of this weeks stuff, making the event open the dialogue window for instance, so you can see who's molesting you and also so you can't just run past it by accident. Also a lot of behind the scenes stuff to make things flow nice, fixing that godawful issue that prevents you (or at least me, no one has yet reported this to my knowledge) from advancing beyond the second week, and hopefully adding in randomized forbidden rooms, as a start towards making rule systems and things.

Obviously this will NOT be ready by next week. Expect 0.63 to be a few weeks out, as I wanna basically polish up the various badly implemented features and generally try and be a proper programmer or something.

Anyway, download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vbo5zv42d54djp/Shield_High_JS_0.629.zip

In other news, how the hell am I popular? I'm so bad at this. Why do you people support me?

Enjoy!

Pudding Earl

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Can`t wait to test this new version out.
    I thought the issue regarding the third week and onward was intentional.
    Im fairly sure that i recall you writing that you didn`t want people to waste time searching for content that`s simply not there yet.
    Though im not 100% sure since it`s been some time...
    Don`t rush it, good things just take their time.
    Although i admit that im not really fond of waiting. XD
    How the hell not? It`s a great game and it gets better with every update.
    Anyway, i just have to play it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I recall it was an unintentional error caused by the addition of the weekends code, which I then elected to not fix to prevent people searching for content.

    And thanks, I don't see how it gets better with every update, but maybe that's because I'm the one looking at the code behind it which seems to be slowly falling into becoming a total mess, and the actual gameplay is something largely lost on me. Speaking of it being a total mess, I just remembered I left in a testing feature. Oh well, it's just a single bool in the corner I'll fix it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, comment got eaten...

    Yeah, as game is in dev, sudden ends like that (week 3) are the norm so didn't comment.
    BTW save game also crashes now, not sure which version that started.

    But the system sounds cool, random encounters and events based on your status makes games feel less linear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. love the new images. Cat ears, collars, oh my!
    2. NPCs to have "fun" with
    Natasha - that red hair and she's so tall! just screams dom.
    Harriet - mm cute little blonde sub just waiting....

    keep up the good work, really looking forward to the next few updates.

    ReplyDelete