Tuesday 8 April 2014

New Version. Probably less bugs.

Okay so like, I'm not entirely recovered from the whole, hiatus thing. Just throwing that out there straight up. That's why this version is once again releasing without testing. I was going to, I wanted to, and then it came to tonight and I just...didn't want to deal with Shield High. So I got done the most obvious fixes, so now characters won't crash the game when you talk to them, and Angel is back where she belongs. Beyond that, no testing done yet. I'll probably do my own tests this week, but as always, a bit of help is nice, and hey, maybe I'm some amazing programmer who made literally no mistakes beyond this small over-sight and it'll now function perfectly. It's possible. Not likely though.

Anyway, download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d60ot44f2ftju0u/Shield_High_JS_0.621.zip

In between bug hunting and writing, I'm planning to push Shield High's technical limitations. This involves adding a ton of characters to it to see if having around a hundred or so characters on the list slows things down too much. With that in mind, if you've got an idea for a character you'd like to see added, now would be the time to let me know, seeing as I'm going to be going nuts with it, and some help would be appreciated. If you've got anything, even if it's just a name and a hair colour, or an elaborate character with a full set of kisekae images to go with it, e-mail me to let me know about it, and I'll see what I can do.

Pudding Earl

4 comments:

  1. It works just fine for me, but unfortunately only until i get to Melanie... Well the good part is that it doesen`t crash anymore, the bad part is the fact that i can not do anything with her. The buttons are all there but they won`t work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, same here. I get the choices, Demand submission and Offer protection, but clicking on them does nothing. Still better than the crashing though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After playing a bit more i found a few more things. When you talk to Angel all the options are copied over on all the other npcs, the same goes for Melanie. Also please don`t forget to update the Info for the second fight with Karen, because it still says the fight is scheduled for tommorow after the first fight. (Not much of a deal for those who know it, but for those who don`t...) I also got an idea regarding the fights. Since there are arousal etc. why not let those have a little bit more impact on the fight? Namely giving the player the option to give in mid Battle if a certain stat gets to high, i guess thats kind of a fetish right there but an option like that would be fantastic. (at the very least in my book XD) The very option to submit really is worth gold, it just has a very unique feel to it. Especially since it impacts the story if you want to play as a mistress or as someones slave. I allready said it before but i really love this game and look forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKAY SO. I went bug fixing tonight and I made some progress. I fixed up the Angel bug with only one total crash of the game, which by my bug fixing standards is pretty good, and then I went ahead and fixed up the first Melanie bug that was reported. In the process, I made a new Melanie bug, which I will look into fixing tomorrow. As for the arousal, it does have an impact on the fight, every...3 points, I think it is, maybe every 4, give a -1 to resisting molestation. Not a lot yet, but I'm thinking of tweaking combat a bit to make it less...spammy...and hopefully that'll start to matter.

      That having been said, the option of giving in will be added at some point for the convenience of the submissives in my fan base. It won't be added for a while though.

      Delete