Monday 19 November 2018

Shield High Roleplaying Game

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the absence of posting/content, I've been focused on other pursuits of late, and getting a job I hate. So much, in fact, I've decided to try and chase a new bit of work doing professional GMing. My original plan was to start off exclusively with a Pokemon game, however a short joke with my wife about running Shield High as a roleplaying game actually turned into a very serious idea, and so here I am posting to announce...

You can now sign up for a proper Shield High roleplaying experience! I've posted all of the information on Roll20, which you can find here: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/138666/shield-high-your-story

However for those of you who hate clicking links, the long and short of it is, it's $25 per person for a 4 hour session, with a minimum of 3 people per session, and maxing out at 6. The system will be different to the one from the game, as quite frankly pinning down balance in my combat system is about as hard as pinning down your opponent for any meaningful amount of time. Instead I'll be using Cortex, a nice narrative system with a very simple dice system.

You'll be playing as first years in a potentially AU Shield High, where trios aren't quite...trios, since I could have 4+ players and I don't want to split you across groups if I can help it. Jessica will obviously be non-canon, but ideally every other girl will be present. It's obviously going to be an adult game, there will be some lewdness going on, though the frequency of being enslaved is going to be decreased in comparison to Jessica's Story.

If people are interested in trying this out, you can throw a comment on this post, respond on Roll20, just like...email me, or jump on the discord and chat about it. I will be giving fans of the game preferential treatment for placing you into games wherever possible.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Pudding Earl

2 comments:

  1. Well, I sort of want more of the Shield High game. It is kind of weird though, since School girls were never my thing and I never thought I would like something related to it. But I do enjoy the game, I suppose it has to do with how anyone can (potentially) become anything and how every character bickers and exerts their powers and desires. In most games I've seen that can never happen, everything is always and only about sex.

    The most you can get is the dick supremacy thing, where only the male protagonist can and will abuse of the females, since girls don't have dicks which means they're inferior. This just ruins everything, I can't see much fun if there never was supposed to be a challenge. And that's when I'm lucky, because most of the times the girls will just find out they are more happy being slaves. Like what's the point? Am I to pretend that a non existing virtual babe that is happy when she's abused is feeling bad when I Try to abuse her? Just look at the size of the sentence, I'm definitely not going to be able to do that.

    Honestly, I just want more shield high. I sort of know how to program and I do have some experience using Unity (though very little with XNA). I also already read that you're too selfish to just let someone else continue the project in your absence, so I'm not even going to try to ask. Besides, I doubt I would be able to pull Shield High alone. So maybe, maybe, could I do anything to help Shield High to begin yet another time? You can have full control of where the game goes, I'm happy with any new Shield High stuff.

    Also, I can produce and provide some CGI content if you don't want me to touch any gamy part of the, well, game. The school environment and the all female rule helps a lot for the mass image production a pre-rendered game would require. You can check here https://www.deviantart.com/ocidas for some of the CG works I did, even if they have absolutely nothing to do with school girls. A part of what I did there were test works and don't have a lot to do with game production, but through my experience with Unity I was able to figure a system to have multiple clothes for multiple characters without needing to make every clothing unique.

    At last, I am not sure if you check your blog anymore, so I might e-mail you if you don't answer (not sure if you check that anymore either). I visit the blog at least once a week. I do hope for more Shield High, even if I have nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man seeing your name pop up in my emails was really unexpected. I really appreciate you offering to help like this. I recently picked up a job which has actually sort of given me pause for re-considering working on Shield High, and addressing the core problems.

      The coding side was never the issue. I enjoyed that well enough, and though what I made ended up being crude, given time I could smooth it all out. The real problem was just...the volume of writing vs my interest in doing it. The best solution to that would, in hindsight, be to open up the field to a bit of crowdsourcing for writing, with myself acting as grand quality control, and probably re-writing most of it in my own language to keep it consistent. Even if I had to re-do every word, having a skeleton to work off of would make life easier on that front.

      That having been said, your CG stuff is pretty good. (Finger guns) I'm not a big fan of the style unfortunately, but if you don't have anything better to do with your time, I'd be open to seeing what you could whip up. Don't spend too much time on it, I really just wanna see what Jessica or Karen or something would look like.

      I offer no promises of returning to work off the back of this, but I would be lying if I said I haven't been thinking about options from time to time.

      If you do go ahead and whip something up, just go ahead and email it to me. I'll actually get a proper notification for that. It was kinda luck that I saw this as quick as I did.

      Delete