Monday 7 August 2017

The (probably) last update

Okay so, here we go, final update of the game. It's a shame this one is ever so slightly broken. But anyway, you can find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c3a89j4rketm11q/Shield_High_JS_0.689.7z

There's a whole bunch of new characters. 186 total characters. They all move around and interact and stuff and it was gonna be more in depth but...well...things happen. You can demand submission from one character, Pauletta, with a small series of options sprouting from that. Sadly if she does submit things get a bit weird. Thankfully unless you're using the point buy and going all in on Charisma, it's unlikely to happen.

There's also a new advanced start screen. It gives you the option to enable dicks. That does nothing. It was gonna get content in an update or two. There's also difficulty options in the form of increasing or decreasing starting stats, to give you an easier time of the game. Or a harder one, if you hate yourself.

Also, saving works again. This was the last big mechanics update I had planned, everything from here was gonna be refinement, so saving being fixed was about time due.

I think that's everything. Comment if you find something I missed.

Pudding Earl.

P.S. In a previous comment I claimed if all my fans, who I claimed to be about 200 people, gave $5 on Patreon it'd be viable. As it turns out I forgot taxes. I also mis-calculated my fans. There's about 350 of you, so ultimately the point is moot. But I felt like correcting myself anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Too bad that your second take on Shield High also ended unfinished, but thank you for all hard work you put in it anyway.

    Good luck with your marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is safe to assume you choose the submission option in real life? But joking aside, its a shame seeing Shield High come to an end once again. The Update itself is rather nice though, really adds life to the game and makes looking around more worth it. The only annoying bug I`ve run into was after defeating Emily, if you accept her it crashes upon trying to sleep into Saturday. Alternatively if you reject her your locked in without escape. Also one question, is it possible to escape from enslavement as things are now? Maybe I just missed something obvious, but I could not find any way to break out and I`m kinda curious.

    That all being said wish you only the best and thank you for your work so far! I do of course hope it will come back once more. Third times the charm right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to type in Iris` name and just typed in her. Urgh, great job Me.

      Delete
    2. Huh, curious bug. Not really anything I can do about it but...y'know. I'll keep it in mind just in case? As for getting out of enslavement, I had a few solutions loosely coded in, but they were dependent on more characters being present to bounce off of. And then I never got the chance to do the writing for it, so it's not actually in the game regrettably.

      Delete
  3. hey earl sad news to hear.
    But my understanding is that this is consuming a lot of your personal life and maybe instead of fully stopping production you just limit your self to 1 hour a week or something. You care a lot about this project and do have fans and I believe with time as the game shapes up more it will draw more people in. Just something to think about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem wasn't with time, I spent like, an hour on it a day. It was largely the content and money being spent on it that was causing tension. I wanted to spend more time on it, but, y'know, money and living arrangements held that up.

      Delete