Friday 7 July 2017

Shield High 0.688 Public Release

Oh boy! It's time for another public release! By my schedule this one should've been spring cleaning but I have long since given up on that format. Instead it's a lot of new features being coded in, some new content, and some bug fixing to give access to old content. The big feature being the new AI feature for NPCs. It's incomplete, but functional, allowing NPCs to walk around and attempt to fill out their goals for the day. Slave owners can't change just yet, but I may well end up adding that in this month's code.

Anyway, download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/797yufiqd818v80/Shield_High_JS_0.688.7z

Otherwise, the Stacy > Carmen > Elizabeth order should be functional now. I do believe I updated the experience drops to now give experience for all characters now, but each month of work tends to blend together for me. I'm like, 90% sure this version has that. Otherwise, there's now slave content for all possible mistresses except Elizabeth. I skipped Elizabeth because she's the end of content when you win too, so it's the easiest solution.

I do believe that's everything. If I remember something, I'll add it on later. I hope you all enjoy this version!

Pudding Earl

3 comments:

  1. SO i'm getting a fun error message. Reformatted my harddrive so lost all my copies, and now when I try to extract and run the game I'm getting the installer instantly crash and say;

    Downloading file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/Shield/Game.ico.deploy did not succeed.
    + Could not find file 'C:\Users\user\Downloads\Shield\Game.ico.deploy'.

    By any chance come across anyone with this bit of fun? Tried rextracting etc and didn't have any luck :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I do know this one! The game runs on XNA, it's a bit outdated sadly, but it's what I learnt on and by the time I discovered it was outdated I was a bit too deep in to go back and start again. You can obtain it right here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=23714

      When I get around to the final release there'll be a proper install version, which will remove the necessity of downloading the XNA pack manually, but until then installing it each month seems too much of a hassle, so I just keep it like this.

      Delete
    2. Thank you kindly good sir! Had to track down Visual C# but its all up and running! Feels all nostalgic going back to it :)

      Delete