Saturday 12 November 2016

The Final Update!

Yes, this is the last update before I actually post the update to Patreon. So, how is it going, I'm sure you're wondering. The answer is, not as well as I'd like, but well enough. I'm still stuck on the first plot of the four I wanted to make, but it's basically done. I'm literally down to trimming the final text entries of the plot to fit the screen, and then that's it, it's done, ready to go. The second plot line is a derivative of this one, so it should only take a few more days to program, since I can scab a lot of code and writing from the first one.

The big reason I haven't done as much as I'd like is a few bugs that ended up taking a couple of hours to find and kill. Most of them were dumb mistakes on my part, but each test takes 2-3 minutes and when you have to do ten tests with a few minor tweaks to code between each it adds up and the fatigue sets in. But it's done now, random plots select randomly, Samantha has all her dialogue and stats and AI and she's probably a bit too easy in my opinion but we'll see if I decide to change that or not later.

Regarding weekends, those are almost certainly not making it in this week, which is a shame because that means some of the possible content I want to end up making will require you to reload an old save instead of powering on through. However, I do have a quality of life improvement planned regarding buttons that should only be a day's work, so you can count on that. Next update will probably be designated as a maintenance update, to add proper combat text, more feats, more characters, weekend functionality and actual slave events(if only one per Mistress for now). I suspect I'll dedicate every 3rd release to maintenance, just to avoid falling behind in my bid to add content, as well as front load some of the more finicky parts of content-making into the release before I actually put out the content proper.

As a final point of news, my third book is out, it can be found here in case anyone is actually interested: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0A5F9S

Worry not, no book next month as I've slowed down my writing pace on that to keep up with Shield High.

Anyway, that's all the news for now. Hope it's informative and not too depressing.

Pudding Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment