Thursday 21 May 2015

An update on the situation and my absence and stuff

A dear fan of mine pointed out that I should actually make a post explaining the situation right now, so I'm doing so here. Game is currently on stall because I don't have the brain-space to work on it. My book is almost ready to send to the first literary agent, and so after I do that I'll be working to edit up the parts they aren't seeing just yet to get it all up to standard. Then I'll either be going through the publishing process, or sending it around to other people. Both of which will be time consuming. I've also got a holiday coming up next month, during which time I won't be working. And finally, I've been in a depression phase of my creative cycle, so even if I wasn't busy with anything, my output on Shield High would be trash.

So, that's why there's been no work on it. That's why there won't be work on it for some time. Will there be more work on it when this is all done? Ideally. Depends on the outcome of the book. If it publishes and makes fuck all money, I'll likely be back to working on something else. If it publishes and makes a sizeable amount of money I might be in a position to set aside time for Shield High. Proper news will just have to wait.

Sorry for not getting around to this sooner.

Pudding Earl

10 comments:

  1. Where did you go dude? *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life happened at me and I've simply not had the motivation to look at Shield High. I occasionally toy with doing something with it again, but I doubt it will ever actually happen. I should've made a blog post about it buuuut...that would be admitting defeat and when have I ever done that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha. I hope it works out mate. Sorry to hear it.

      And yeah, you hate to officially scrap a project. But please if you do, don't delete it. Post it to a file share so somebody else can continue it maybe. Just a thought.

      Delete
    2. I'm too much of an egotist to pass the project on and let just anyone take it, but I absolutely won't be deleting anything that I've put up already, it'll remain there for whoever might find it and wants to play it into the future.

      Delete
  3. To be honest: the earlier RAGS version of Shield High was one of the single most interesting games for me ever created in terms of sub/dom/slave and sexfighting content. I've never really liked the game after you changed the engine and all the rest. The fighting became way to overcomplicated and the navigation was just horrible plus some wierd new bugs. Never got into it again after that.

    While there are a ton of good hentai games out there, there are only very few utilizing similar themes and mechanics in this combination like you did. The writing / descriptions were also excellent.

    It's unfortunate to have it gone, but nevertheless I wish you the best for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can understand that. I kinda rushed a lot of the programming and cut corners I shouldn't have, hence the plethora of bugs. And combat was...I hated how simple and random the original combat was, but what I ended up creating was more random and even less transparent than the first one. Also way too easy to game.

      Either way, thank you for the well wishes, and as always, I am so sorry everything turned out the way it is. Not to give false hope, but I should mention I do occasionally pull up the new code for it, and tinker a bit, and it's overall much more stable right now, and I'm trying to find a combat middle ground. I doubt I'll ever succeed enough to be motivated to push on to a finish, but, y'know, worth mentioning.

      Delete
  4. Closest thing now is Night Games, not anything like this in terms of quality and uniqueness in every fight, but it is the closest thing, still have the rags version and like 60 saves, that fencing match was a bitch. Hope things are going well for you earl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks also for the well wishes. Things actually going quite well. That book I mentioned ages ago is now actually finished and sitting in the inbox of a few publishers waiting to be rejected for the trash it is, and I'm approaching completion of a second, much shorter, writing project I will be looking to self publish. It's actually a little flattering to see that people liked my stuff that much that they're still using it. I tried playing it a while back and absolutely loathed the entire thing.

      Delete
  5. And now that I've just replied to everyone's comments here, a thought occurs to me that I'm curious about. If I were to open up a Patreon to resume work on Shield High, would anyone actually pitch in to it? Not at all saying I'm going to, but I have been toying with the idea on occasion, and having an actual financial incentive to work on it would greatly increase the odds of me being motivated to work.

    Just a thought, and not one worthy of a new post in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that thought worthy of a new post after all.
      + you need to post it on the other forums as well.
      I guess not many people are reading that blog after your last post.

      Delete