Tuesday 24 March 2015

Shield High 0.632 released.

Yes, it's now here! A little less content than I wanted but...I didn't want to rush out feats in the last two days, and prior to that I'd been playing with all dat customization. So, what IS new? Well, fonts being changed is a thing now. It isn't finished, I started playing with it. I think it looks stupid right now. I'm going to add more options in the next update, or the one after, regarding font sizes and fix them up. There was two things I wanted to do and so I did half of them. The second big thing is the customization. Stats have been dropped from 12s to 8s, which gives you a -1 in combat. You also have 24 points to spend on stat upgrades. That can get you to the vanilla all 12s, or let you specialize. I suggest making sure Int is 10 at least. Seriously.

ALSO, experience and levelling up. That's a thing too! Coming next week or week after depending on if I fix up text: Feats! Feats will give bonuses to certain actions. So you might get a +2 while your opponent is on the ground, or something.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/eeebw6k7ktbeini/Shield_High_JS_0.632.zip

I hope you all enjoy, sorry for no release last week!

Pudding Earl

5 comments:

  1. I just want to say, before I dump on you, that I'm a huge fan of your RAGS game (like, no joke, in my top 5 erotic games), and I was VERY excited to see it remade in a new engine. That being said, I have bad news.

    I'm pretty sure this version's unplayable except to be anyone's bitch. Players can't deal damage. No matter what I do in combat, the most points I've scored was 1/0/1, and I think that was on a reversal. To be fair, it could just be that the combat system makes no sense and I pretty much just mashed buttons to victory before, but this verrsion's dead in the water for me.

    There are also some bugs that've been in as long as I've played and are literally gamebreaking, so I'd really appreciate them being patched before more content gets gated past them.
    1. Attempting to save freezes my game with no record being made. It is the antisave.
    2. Triggered dialogue (such as running into Karen after disobeying) seems to stick on a loop. Not only does this repeat the last scene every time you paths cross, it also appears to stop anyone else having a triggered scene (such as discussing Melanie, thus leaving you unable to progress).
    3. The first weekend activity also seems to stick on repeat. If I try to call someone on my first weekend, I'll only be shown my phonebook for every weekend after that. A quickfix may just be to add a "back" or "cancel" option? In any case, such a button would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Combat damage this patch took a bit of a hit to output, unless you increase intelligence, but otherwise in all of my testing it's proven to be working the way I want. As for saves crashing and triggered dialogue looping, I've not encountered either of those problems. I'll keep it in mind and see if I can work out the problem you're having, but without being able to experience it myself I doubt I can find the fix there.

      As for weekends, that's largely because all of the buttons have been place holders, but I'll add the back buttons this week I guess. Really should've done that sooner. Sorry it's not working out for you.

      Delete
  2. yeah having the same problem, i actually can't get the application to run, tried changing compatibility modes and other settings

    running windows 8.1 on a relatively new computer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you run the game before on that computer? If not, check to see if you've got the XNA Framework installed on your computer. Since I updated regularly when I started on this I didn't include it in my exported versions, but it is needed.

      Delete
  3. Whenever i try to save the game crashes

    ReplyDelete