Thursday 24 May 2012

Earl's Musings: Shield High Continuity

There's something about Shield High continuity that bugs me. Probably that I haven't yet fleshed it out, and I'm not sure how many girls the school can handle, how many would be too much for the whole slave-economy thing they've got going, and what the exact ratios of slaves to owners is. Which is I suppose why I'm writing this right now instead of doing the work that I really should be doing because I honestly don't have the time to procrastinate. But I'm procrastinating anyway. It'll be fine. On to the topic.

Point is, I'm going to fix that. After 0.3 I'm going to hash out numbers. I know I want about 100 girls in each year, though I doubt those numbers will work. I also know that I want a very large slave population, most of which will be owned by the third years. There's ages to consider too, HOW OLD IS EVERYONE? I'm leaning on 16-18 for the most part, but I'll have to give that some more thought too. TOO MUCH IS UNCERTAIN. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

Well, one of the problems. The other problem is that everyone's play through of Shield High will be different, as those of you who have peered into the depths know, Shield High already has a lot of story variance. It's possible to play the first two weeks without a single fight. It might be possible to do the same in Week 5 too, but that won't be until after 0.3 because TOO MUCH WORK TO DO. This means keeping track of what's happened is hard. Did you know Week 4 has 6 different opening dialogues? Most of them only change like, four words, to say what happened differently, but still. So when some characters are introduced to only some plots, if I want to use them later I have to work out if they've been introduced or not. It's...complicated. That isn't to say I'm going to stop doing it. Just that I want to complain about it. Loudly. For a long time.

Okay, I'm done complaining now. Hope you got some insight into my priorities or something here.

Pudding Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment